One of the worrying side effects of the pandemic has been an increase in people’s stress and anxiety levels.
As a result, it’s very sad to say that people can suffer from panic attacks in varying degrees of severity. The onset can be very quick and for some, the symptoms can be truly devastating often affecting how they lead their daily lives.
The main symptoms of a panic attack include:
- Distressed about a feeling of loss of control.
- Rapid, pounding heart rate
- Trembling and shaking
- Shortness of breath
- Hot flashes
- Abdominal cramping
- Chest pain
- Tingling sensation
Whilst there are medications that can help with the symptoms, many find that these alone are not the solution, so have turned to complementary therapies such as Reiki to help reduce or alleviate their panic attacks.
What are the triggers of a Panic Attack?
The causes of a panic attack will vary from person to person, but they can usually be generalized by:
- A major incident such a physical attack
- Serious family member illness
- A dramatic change in your life such as divorce or bereavement
- A natural character that is shy and nervous of situations
How can Reiki help with Panic Attacks?
Reiki can help with panic attacks in many ways. In my experience of dealing with people who suffer from panic attacks, I have found that regular Reiki sessions can be beneficial by:
- Helping to reduce the stress levels they may be feeling.
- Helping to reinstate a feeling of control and balance over their feelings and reactions.
- Offering a sense of calm and relaxation.
- Breaking the feeling of loneliness by having contact with a supportive person.
COVID-19 Secure Reiki
It’s possible that the challenges that the virus presents can be a contributory factor to raising people’s anxiety, potentially leading some to having panic attacks. This in turn may make going out in public a huge challenge.
However, in order to put your mind at ease, I have diligently followed the government guidelines, and have introduced the following stringent hygiene procedures to keep us all safe.
- Placing hand sanitisation stations at the door
- Masks will not be mandatory, but if a client feels more comfortable wearing one, they can during the session.
- Thorough sterilisation of the treatment room and bed after every session
If you suffer from panic attacks, please don’t suffer in silence. My Reiki treatment sessions, based at my Kelowna treatment room, may just be the deep relaxation and calming influences you need.